Here is a bit about me:
I am originally from Liverpool, NY, just outside of Syracuse. It’s a good place to be from. Here is how I got my start. 1972, I was 5. I have no idea who is on the drum-head.
Flash forward to 1984, first rock band Vantage Point, thanks Bob for the pic
and sweet version of Stone Cold by Rainbow!
Actually, Bob “Roz” Rozwod was the first guitarist I jammed with, 8th grade.
We played Dazed & Confused by Led Zeppelin.
A funny side note is that Bob played Big Brother & The Holding Company’s “Cheap Thrills” for me, who knew that I would end up touring with them 17 years later.
- Graduate of Musician’s Institute (P. I.T.), Hollywood, California, 3/92.
- AS Degree in Business, Onondaga Community College, Syracuse, New York, 5/87.
Tour & Stage Experience
- Big Brother & The Holding Company (Janis Joplin’s original band) European tour 2002 / Midwest tour winter 2001. Here are photos from my 2002 European tour with Big Brother & The Holding Company.
- San Diego Repertory Theater – Love,Janis 2001, 2002
- San Diego Repertory Theater – Working 2002
- Countless bands, musicians, jam sessions as diverse as Ike Turner to Joey Belladonna from Anthrax.
- “Complete Double Bass Book” – Mel Bay
- “Burning on Double Bass – Hands and Feet”- Modern Drummer Jun.12
- “Beginning Independence for Rock and Alternative Drumming” – Mel Bay
- “Studies in Drum Set Independence Vol. 1 & 2″ – Mel Bay
- “Burning on Double Bass: Kick-Ass Exercises for your Feet Part 1 and 2″ – Modern Drummer Jan.09 and April 09
- Contributing writer for Drum! Magazine
- Ralph Humphrey: Odd Meter
- Joe Porcaro: Studio work
- Chuck Flores: Jazz concepts
- Vinnie Ludovico: Improvisational concepts
- Jim Ahearn/Matt Savage: Drum Corps Percussion
Instructor since 1985. Emphasis on double bass, odd meter, independence, Jazz, Latin, Funk, Blues, Rock.