Here is a bit about me:
I am originally from Liverpool, NY, just outside of Syracuse. It’s a good place to be from. Here is how I got my start. 1972, I was 5. I have no idea who is on the drum-head.
Flash forward to 1984, first rock band Vantage Point, thanks Bob for the pic
and sweet version of Stone Cold by Rainbow!
Actually, Bob “Roz” Rozwod was the first guitarist I jammed with, 8th grade.
We played Dazed & Confused by Led Zeppelin.
A funny side note is that Bob played Big Brother & The Holding Company’s “Cheap Thrills” for me, who knew that I would end up touring with them 17 years later.
- Graduate of Musician’s Institute (P. I.T.), Hollywood, California, 3/92.
- AS Degree in Business, Onondaga Community College, Syracuse, New York, 5/87.
Tour & Stage Experience
- Lucky Strike live with The Immortal Soul Band featuring Neil Turbin ex Anthrax on Vocals
- Ultimate Jam night at the Whisky, Hollywood, Ca
- Ox and Loon Jan 2015 with Tony Franklin on bass, Gilby Clarke guitar, Michael Devin Vocals and Joe Retta backing vocals
- Big Brother & The Holding Company (Janis Joplin’s original band) European tour 2002 / Midwest tour winter 2001. Here are photos from my 2002 European tour with Big Brother & The Holding Company.
- San Diego Repertory Theater – Love,Janis 2001, 2002
- San Diego Repertory Theater – Working 2002
- Some of the musicians I have jammed with include:
- Peter Albin (Big Brother & The Holding Company)
- Sam Andrew (Big Brother & The Holding Company
- Joey Belladonna (Anthrax)
- Ira Black
- Nazim Chambi (Fire)
- Gilby Clarke (Guns N Roses)
- Brett Copeland (Fire)
- Kevin Cooper (Ike Turner)
- Carlos Cruz (Stonebreed)
- Jesse Damon (Silent Rage)
- Michael Devin (Whitesnake)
- Francesco DiCosmo (Avril Levine, Evanescance)
- Christopher Eliot (Fortress/Eliot)
- Steve Ferlazzo ( Avril Levine)
- Joe Floyd (Warrior)
- Cherokee Fortune
- Tony Franklin (The Firm, Blue Murder, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, VHF)
- Anthony Gallo (Suicidal Tendencies, Sons of Anarchy)
- Beth Hart
- Joel Hoekstra (Whitesnake, Trans Siberian Orchestra, VHF)
- Darren Householder (Love/Hate, Solo guitarist, Immortal Soul Band)
- Bill Hudson (Trans Siberian Orchestra)
- Walter Ino (Survivor)
- Alex Kane ( Life Sex and Death, Little Caesar)
- Kenny Kanowski (Steelheart)
- Johnny Martin (La Guns)
- Andrea Martongelli ( Arthemis)
- Stephen McSwain (McSwain guitars)
- Alex Mitchell (Circus of Power)
- Tony Moore (Riot, Immortal Soul Band)
- Mitch Perry (Edgar Winter, Ratt)
- Barry Pointer (Methods of Mayhem)
- Yohai Portal
- Koko Powell (Edgar Winter)
- Chad Quist ( Big Brother & The Holding Company)
- Eric Ragno (The Babys, London)
- Joe Retta (Heaven and Earth, The Sweet)
- Rowan Robertson (Dio, Bang Tango, DC4)
- Jesse Snider
- Georgio Terenziani (Arthemis)
- Brian Tichy ( Dead Dasies, Whitesnake, Billy Idol, Bonham Bash creator)
- Neil Turbin (Anthrax, Immortal Soul Band)
- Ike Turner
- Advanced double bass lessons, Modern Drummer August 2013-Jan. 2014
- “Complete Double Bass Book” – Mel Bay
- “Burning on Double Bass – Hands and Feet”- Modern Drummer Jun.12
- “Beginning Independence for Rock and Alternative Drumming” – Mel Bay
- “Studies in Drum Set Independence Vol. 1 & 2” – Mel Bay
- “Burning on Double Bass: Kick-Ass Exercises for your Feet Part 1 and 2” – Modern Drummer Jan.09 and April 09
- Contributing writer for Drum! Magazine
- Ralph Humphrey: Odd Meter
- Joe Porcaro: Studio work
- Chuck Flores: Jazz concepts
- Vinnie Ludovico: Improvisational concepts
- Jim Ahearn/Matt Savage: Drum Corps Percussion
Instructor since 1985. Emphasis on double bass, odd meter, independence, Jazz, Latin, Funk, Blues, Rock.